Ethical Policies and Procedures
Authors, Reviewers and Members of Editorial Board of journals published by Update Publishing should follow standards of expected ethical behavior in PJBT. At Update Publishing, we are committed to meet the high quality and standards throughout the pre and post publication of research articles.
In a published paper, the credit for authorship should be based on substantial contribution in conducting the study and preparation of the manuscript. Co-PI in a project or Co-Supervisor in a Master or Ph.D. work are insufficient to claim authorship. The author order of article should be based on the relative contribution in the research. To make it clear, Update Publishing demands a written statement about “Author’s Contribution” at the end of article and Reference Section.
Before submitting to the journal, the corresponding author should seek permission from all co-authors of the study. After final acceptance, it will not be possible to change the author order.
Upon reception of an article, the Editorial Staff will screen the article for format and journal scope, originality and potential impact. If the article is not up to the standard format of Update Publishing, the article will be returned to the author for correcting the format.
If the format is according to the requirements of Update Publishing, then it will be assigned for External Peer Review.
External Peer Review
During submission, the author can suggest at least 3 reviewers who can evaluate the manuscript. The reviewers should not be collaborators or previous co-authors of any of the submitting authors. They should be from other country or at least from another institution with institution email address. The editors may or may not contact the suggested reviewers.
· Authors are responsible for the content and originality of the submitted paper (See Update Publishing’s Policy on Plagiarism).
· Authors should take consent from all co-authors before submission.
· It is assumed that the paper is solely submitted to this journal, and not under consideration in any other journal.
· If taken from already published sources, all materials included should be acknowledged and properly cited. Permission letter is needed from previous authors/publisher in cased of already published figures or tables or data.
· The raw data of the reported study should be retained with author records, if case any query arise, corresponding author will be responsible to explain.
· All funding sources should be acknowledged.
· If needed, Ethical Approvals from concerned authorities for conducting the studies should be submitted.
· Authors should declare any potential conflicts of interest
· Reviewers should evaluate manuscript based on the scientific merit in an impartial and unbiased way.
· They should particularly comment on Novelty and originality of the work.
· They should evaluate the article’s readers interest and potential impact on community
· They should evaluate the suitability of methodology described, study design etc.,
· They should complete the review process in a timely manner.
· The information related to the article under review should be kept confidential
· Reviewer should not retain or copy the manuscript.
· Any potential conflicts of interest should be communicated to the Editor
· The review process should be based on fairness policy in intellectual and scientific contents regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of author(s).
Copyright 2017 - All Rights Reserved